Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) seeks for brilliant and innovative undergraduate students willing to carry out their academic internship (SIWES) to join the organization as interns for the 2019 Cohort of 3D Africa Internship Program. The selected interns upon joining the YTF team will be among the prestigious 3D Africa Ambassadors. They will learn from the 3D Africa program manager and the entire YTF team on 21st-century engineering/technology skills and organizational behaviours. They will be able to translate the skills they learned to tackle their immediate community challenges, gain a successful pathway into entrepreneurship and civic leadership.
Selected interns will be placed in one of Youth for Technology Foundation’s offices in Imo State, Nigeria, for the duration of their internship.
Intern Duties & Responsibilities
- Classroom Training: Interns will attend structured classes and workshops during the placement period.
- Training: Support trainer for 3D Africa (for University Students) and 3D Africa Clubs in Secondary Schools.
- Design: Support program officers to implement organization-wide programs. Involvement in program design, implementation and measuring results.
- Program Planning: Organize and support the implementation of #HackforGood2019, 3D Africa’s annual hackathon.
- Ambassador: Actively engage with 3D Africa stakeholders and supporters on social media to share impact stories and YTF’s work.
- Final Project: Implement a final project based on learning acquired and internship related activities. The project must be approved by 3D Africa at the beginning of the internship and implemented satisfactorily at the conclusion of your internship after which sign off will be provided to your university.
The deadline was 7th January 2019. We shall open application for 2020 internship cohort by last quarter of 2019. Sign up to receive information from Youth for Technology Foundation and 3D Africa.