If you can dream it, you can create a business, new product, or gain new customers through 3D printing! 3D Africa can you help you dream!
Make Products. Learn how to use 3D scanners to make products to sell, products that you currently sell but buy in bulk from wholesalers, or create new product lines.
Design Products. Learn how to code to make your own brand of products, to create products unique to your customers, to increase productivity, or to create new product lines.
Sell Products. Learn how to sell and customize your 3D printed products in global, online marketplaces
Innovate Products. What improvements would make your products more attractive to your customers and clients? What improvements could you make to your products to not be reliant on traditional power sources? What inventions can you dream of to sell locally, across the country, and around the world?
Learn from Other Entrepreneurs:
- With 3D Africa staff, the owner of Hair Wizard in Imo State, Nigeria designed a 3D printed rechargeable, detachable, cordless hair dryer. Now, instead of traveling to China each year to purchase in bulk, she produces these in her shop, prints and customizes as needed, and sells to other cosmetologists. With this one innovation, she has increased sales, reduced business costs, created an additional product line, and attained new customers.
- The owner of Afrocentric Afrique in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria produces African-designed furniture, beads, bags, interior decorations, and fabrics. Customers include individuals, hotels, restaurants, and construction companies. YTF staff worked with her to create 3D printed jewelry designed and printed to customer specifications. With the use of 3D printing, she has created new product lines, reduced business costs to buy in wholesale, produces products in-shop that uniquely complement customer homes, offices, and buildings, and created a new customer relationship venue.
Real-World inventors, designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs will be available by online or in-person means to demonstrate how they use 3D printing and to be a mentor in designing, creating, coding, and making 3D printed products.
- Make a prosthetic arm for a child born without an arm
- Print a house or school latrine
- Design and print a cell phone
- Print parts for a car, plane, spacecraft, machinery
- Make household items
- Print human organs for transplants
- Make dentures, eyeglasses, hearing aids
- Make art “visible” for those who are blind
- Print a whole car???
If you can imagine it, you can make it! In 3D Africa, you will learn all of the skills you need to make, design, sell, and innovate just about anything.
3D Africa Classes
What Will You Invent?